In order for you to achieve the desired coverage and performance of a wireless network, it is vitally important to fully understand the RF environment into which the network is being deployed. The up-front planning and documentation that a site survey provides will facilitate the smooth and successful implementation of your network.
Benefits of WLAN Site Survey For Your Business
- Provides accurate information on the number of access points needed.
- Provides accurate information for access point locations.
- Provides detailed coverage maps.
- Provides detailed data rates.
- Identifies sources and locations of interference.
- Discover, and locate, rogue access points.
- Plan for a room, a building or a campus.
- Plan for outdoor coverage.
- Reveals coverage voids in existing deployments.
- Identifies and classifies neighboring networks and channel usage.
Our Wireless Site Survey Process
- Building materials are applied to the floor plans so that it is possible to get accurate signal propagation.
- Access Point locations are optimized for coverage and serviceability.
- A planning session is held with the customer to further optimize the AP locations.
- Areas of special concern are identified such as locations where abnormally large numbers of users may gather, or bandwidth critical applications are being utilized.
- Outdoor coverage is addressed and planned for
- On-site validation follows with verification of predictive coverage and bandwidth.
- Sources of interference or poor coverage are documented and additional planning is done.
- Predictive and on-site measurements are consolidated into a complete report.
- Reports can be used for grading existing networks, or for providing a bill of materials for a new network.
- Reports can also be used to provide a wiring crew with locations for new access point installations.